At the middle school level, we seek to create an environment that fosters spiritual growth. We believe that Christianity, at its heart, is transformational: true faith will result in spiritual growth. We believe that the Bible is the true and inspired Word of God, and we strive to view all academic disciplines and all relationships through the lens of Scripture.
Every teacher is a born-again and committed follower of Christ. Teachers meet weekly for devotions and prayer to prepare spiritually for teaching. All subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview, and we enjoy partnering with parents and churches in helping students form a life that seeks to glorify God. We also offer opportunities for students to learn and engage in a daily walk with Christ, which include:
- Setting aside time in classes for prayer.
- Weekly chapel times for worship, instruction, and reflection.
- Working together in service projects.
- Retreat with all middle school students at the beginning of the year to enjoy fellowship and challenge students spiritually with a theme pertinent to following Christ.
- Small Groups for those who desire to have more accountability and discipleship in their walk with Christ.
Chapels are a weekly event, during which students are challenged to love and follow Christ with all their heart. Students listen to a variety of speakers throughout the year, including their teachers, local pastors, and guest speakers. There are also chapels of celebration and worship throughout the year, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, Good Friday, and Missions Emphasis, as well as a few times of fun activities to promote fellowship within the middle school.
|6th grade||7th grade||8th grade|
|Authors of the Bible||Joshua to Kings||Survey of the New Testament|
|Creation to Joseph||Job, David, and Solomon||Gospel of John|
|Moses: Parts I, II, & III||Survey of the Old Testament||Face to Face with Jesus|
|The Gospel in Motion||Parables & Hard sayings of Jesus|
|Acts (4 parts)|